Avoid expensive repairs and energy bills by taking the necessary steps to maintain your AC unit. It doesn’t take much effort or money to keep your air conditioning system running efficiently. With a few simple tips from experts, you can ensure that your AC will be running smoothly all year long.
- Change Your Filters Regularly – Most home cooling systems use replaceable filters to trap dust, dirt, and other airborne particles before they enter the blower or evaporator coil of the unit. Dirty filters reduce efficiency and may cause damage if they are not changed regularly. Depending on where you live and the type of filter used in your system, you should change it every one to three months during peak season.
- Clean Vents and Ducts – Regularly remove dust, dirt, and debris from vents and ducts to ensure air is flowing properly. For best results, use a vacuum cleaner or an air conditioning cleaning kit specifically designed for this purpose.
- Keep the Outdoor Unit Clear – Make sure that bushes or other vegetation are not growing too close to your outdoor unit as this can limit airflow and cause problems with the system. Trim any nearby shrubs and make sure leaves do not accumulate near the intake or exhaust of the unit.
- Overwork Your System – Many homeowners set their thermostats lower than necessary in an attempt to cool their homes faster. This puts extra strain on AC systems and can lead to more frequent breakdowns.
- Neglect Maintenance – Regular checkups, cleaning, and maintenance from a certified technician is the best way to keep your unit in top condition. Even if you are taking care of it yourself, you should have a professional come out at least once or twice a year to inspect the unit and look for any potential issues that you may not be able to catch on your own.
- Put Off Repairs – If you’re having an issue with your AC unit, don’t wait until it gets worse before getting it fixed. A small problem today can turn into a major headache (and expense) later on down the line.
By following these simple Dos and Don’ts, you can ensure that your AC unit will be running smoothly and efficiently all year long. With regular maintenance and care, you can save yourself time, money, and headaches in the long run.
Weather Engineers is here to help you with all of your AC needs. From routine maintenance and tune-ups to emergency repairs, our certified technicians will have your system running like new in no time.
Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment for AC maintenance in Jacksonville, FL!