Are you preparing your AC for the summer season? If not, now is the time! In this blog post, we will share with you 10 tips on how to best prepare your AC for the hot weather. Follow these tips and you’ll be sure to keep your home cool and comfortable all summer long!
- Schedule a tune-up for your AC unit. This is one of the most important things you can do to prepare your AC for summer. A professional AC tune-up in Jacksonville, FL will ensure that your unit is running properly and at peak efficiency.
- Clean the exterior of your AC unit. Remove any debris or dirt that has accumulated on the unit over the winter months.
- Clear any obstructions from around your AC unit. Make sure there is nothing blocking the airflow to and from the unit.
- Change your air filter. If the air filter is dirty, it can restrict airflow and decrease the efficiency of your AC unit.
- Check the Freon levels in your AC unit. Low Freon levels can cause your AC unit to work harder than necessary, leading to increased energy usage and higher utility bills.
- Inspect the ductwork in your home. Leaky or damaged ductwork can reduce the efficiency of your AC unit.
- Install a programmable thermostat. A programmable thermostat will allow you to set the temperature in your home to match your schedule, which can help you save money on your energy bills.
- Reduce the heat in your home. Close blinds and drapes during the daytime to keep the sun’s heat out. Use fans to circulate the air and keep cool.
- Set your thermostat to the proper setting. The lower the setting, the harder your AC unit will have to work, which can lead to higher energy bills.
- Schedule regular maintenance checks for your AC unit. This will help ensure that your unit is running properly and can help prevent costly repairs down the road.
Following these 10 tips will help you prepare your AC for summer and keep your home cool and comfortable all season long!
Schedule An Appointment With Weather Engineers For AC Tune Up Service In Jacksonville, FL!
Our team of certified HVAC technicians at Weather Engineers is here to help you prepare your AC for summer. We offer AC tune-up services in Jacksonville, FL that will ensure your unit is running properly and at peak efficiency. Contact us today at (904) 356-3963 to schedule an appointment!