Mini-splits are an increasingly popular way to keep homes and businesses comfortable. However, like any system, there can be problems that arise from time to time. Here are 10 common mini-split problems and how to prevent them so you can enjoy the comfort of a properly functioning system.
- Poor Installation: Poor installation is often the cause of many issues with mini-split systems. It’s important to hire a qualified professional for AC installation in Jacksonville, FL, who has experience installing these particular types of systems. This will help ensure that your system is installed correctly, eliminating potential problems in the future.
- Clogged Filters: Dirty or clogged filters will reduce airflow and decrease the efficiency of your mini-split system. To avoid this issue, it’s important to regularly check and clean your system’s filters.
- Leaking Refrigerant: If you find yourself having to frequently refill the refrigerant in your mini split system, then it could be a sign of a leak. This should be looked at immediately by an experienced technician who can identify the source and repair any damage before further problems occur.
- Poor Airflow: If you’re noticing that your unit is not producing as much airflow as usual, this could indicate a problem with the blower motor or fan blade. An HVAC professional should be called to inspect, diagnose and fix the issue.
- AC Not Cooling Properly: If your AC isn’t cooling your space as efficiently as before, it could be due to a faulty thermostat or an issue with the air handler. Check for any dust buildup on the coils and have a technician come out and assess the situation if necessary.
- Unit Not Turning On: This can be caused by an electrical issue, such as a blown fuse or tripped breaker. If this doesn’t seem to be the cause, then it could be due to something more serious such as a compressor problem that needs to be fixed by an experienced technician.
- Unusual Noises: If you’re hearing strange noises coming from your mini split system, this could indicate an issue with the fan motor. Schedule an AC inspection in Jacksonville, FL, to have an experienced technician take a look.
- Moldy Smell: A musty, moldy smell may indicate that there is a buildup of moisture in the system due to poor drainage or a clogged air filter. This should be checked out by an expert right away to prevent any health risks associated with mold and mildew.
- Water Leakage: If you’re noticing water near your mini split system, this could be because of a problem with the condensate drain line or an issue with the refrigerant lines. Have it serviced immediately to avoid extensive damage and costly repairs down the road.
- Frozen Evaporator Coils: If your coils are freezing up, this could be due to low airflow, clogged filters, or a problem with the thermostat. Sometimes it can be difficult to diagnose the cause on your own and you may need professional help in order to get it fixed quickly and effectively.
By being aware of these common mini-split problems and taking steps to prevent them, you should be able to enjoy your system without any issues. However, if you do experience any of these problems, don’t hesitate to contact an experienced technician who can inspect and repair the issue quickly.
At Weather Engineers, Inc. we specialize in providing professional AC repair, maintenance, and installation services to keep your system running smoothly. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an appointment for AC services in Jacksonville, FL.