Regular maintenance and upkeep of your mini split system are essential for it to run efficiently, remain cost-effective and maintain its long-term effectiveness. With proper care and attention, you can get the most out of your unit for years. Mini split maintenance in Jacksonville, FL does not have to be a time-consuming and expensive affair. Here are 7 cost-saving maintenance tips to get you started.
- Clean the Filters: One of the most important maintenance tasks that should never be overlooked is changing or cleaning the filters on your mini split system regularly. Dirty filters can significantly reduce airflow, forcing the unit to work harder and use more energy, leading to higher utility bills. Make sure you consult your manual for the proper way to clean or replace the filters.
- Check Vents: Mini split air vents should be regularly checked for dust buildup and debris blocking airflow. To keep your mini split system running efficiently, ensure vents are free of dust and dirt by using a vacuum cleaner or duster with an extending handle.
- Inspect Outdoor Unit: The outdoor unit of a mini-split system is exposed to extreme weather conditions, which can take its toll over time if not properly maintained. Regularly inspect the outdoor unit for any damage or corrosion due to contact with water or extreme temperatures. If necessary, call in a professional for an AC inspection in Jacksonville, FL.
- Monitor Refrigerant Levels: The refrigerant levels in your mini split system should be monitored regularly to ensure they are not too low or too high. Low levels can lead to an inefficient cooling system, while high levels can cause the unit to freeze up and eventually break down. Consult a qualified technician for help if you’re unsure of how to check and adjust the refrigerant levels on your own.
- Clear Obstructions: Check around the outdoor unit periodically and make sure there are no obstructions blocking airflow from the vents, such as dirt, leaves, or shrubs growing nearby. Make sure all vegetation is at least two feet away from the outdoor unit for optimal airflow.
- Clean the Coils: The evaporator and condenser coils in your mini split system should be regularly cleaned to remove dirt and dust buildup that can reduce energy efficiency and performance. To clean the coils, use a soft brush attachment for a vacuum cleaner or hire an HVAC professional for a tune-up service in Jacksonville, FL.
- Schedule Professional Tune-Ups: While you may be able to manage some of the maintenance tasks on your own, it is always recommended to have a qualified technician perform regular checkups and tune-ups on your ductless HVAC in Jacksonville, FL to ensure optimal performance. During these inspections, technicians will inspect all components of the unit for any signs of wear and tear or possible issues, and adjust the settings accordingly.
By following these 7 cost-saving maintenance tips, your mini split system will work more efficiently and last longer. Regular maintenance is essential to keep your unit running properly while also avoiding costly repairs or replacements down the line. The team at Weather Engineers, Inc. is here to help with all of your ductless HVAC needs in Jacksonville, FL, and surrounding areas. Contact us today at (904) 356-3963 for more information about our services!