Is your heating system making unusual sounds? Before you go with a heating repair, it is important to understand the nature of the sound. In this article, we will tell you about some common and uncommon sound patterns that may occur in your home’s heating system where you have to schedule heating repair in Jacksonville, FL.
- Rattling – If you hear a rattling noise, it means that something is loose in the system and needs to be tightened. You should not try to fix this problem yourself; instead, call professional heating/furnace repair services in Jacksonville, FL.
- Hissing – If you hear a hissing noise, it means that there is air in your system. Your heater needs to be re-pressurized, and you should call the service technician at the first instance.
- Knocking – Modern furnaces are designed with a two-cylinder system that reduces vibration through centrifugal force. However, an older furnace’s design might cause knocking sounds because of excessive vibrations. If your furnace is knocking, you should have it serviced as soon as possible.
- Clanking – A clanking noise may be due to several factors, such as a broken belt or a problem with the blower wheel. This problem should be fixed as soon as possible, as it could lead to further damage to the system.
- Scraping or Scratching – If you hear a noise that sounds like scraping, it usually means that your motor is damaged. The noise may become louder due to an overload while the system is running, and can cause serious damage to other parts of the heating unit if it isn’t fixed quickly enough.
If you are noticing any of these problems with your heating system in Jacksonville, FL, contact Weather Engineers Inc. right away at 904-478-9605. We are a full-service heating and cooling company that provides quality repairs and installations for homeowners in Jacksonville, FL.
We have been in business for several years, and our technicians are licensed and insured. We offer a wide range of services, including heating repair, air conditioning service, duct cleaning, and more. We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our work. So don’t wait – call us today at 904-478-9605!